- Copy requests could be filled within a few hours to 3 days.
- Book requests filled by more local sources: approximately 3 to 4 business days.*
- Book requests filled by libraries outside our region: approximately 5 to 7 business days.*
*Please note that since the start of COVID-19, we have observed lengthier turnaround periods especially in the receipt of loaned materials due to reduced staffing at ILL libraries and noticeable delays by shipping services.
Factors that will affect turnaround time:
- The availability of the item on a library's shelf and the lending office's staffing and shipping practices.
- Titles that are considered non-circulating materials or are limited in availability.
- Shipping services' policies and their service capacity.
- Federal and local holidays which create service outages as ILL libraries and impacts shipping services.
Regrettably, this Law Library ILL service simply cannot guarantee the arrival date of any ILL material so please plan well in advance. Please read Alternatives to ILL & Local Academic Loan Services in this guide.