The following are not eligible for borrowing regardless of the purpose of their use:
- Titles housed within Circulation Reserves, Course Reserves, Casebook Reserves, Reference Collection and available materials cataloged as Library Use Only.
- Study aids of any edition, in any format, as a number of them can be found in our collection.
- Audio books, even law-related ones, in any format (e.g. CDs, audio files, etc.).
These materials are not eligible for borrowing as the types of items are not loaned by libraries:
- Entire issues or volumes of print periodicals or original newspapers. However, if a periodical has been microfilmed, we may be able to borrow a set of reels or fiche for you to peruse.
- Digital audio files (e.g. MP3s) of music, books, etc.; online video or streaming files; games in any format, for any platform (e.g. apps, XBox, etc.).
- Reference books (e.g. dictionaries, encyclopedia, etc.). Please submit requests for specific entries, pages, sections or chapters from such publications.
- Rare materials; special collection items; archival materials; manuscripts; genealogical items; books published more than 100 years ago. For materials that are outside of copyrights, check HathiTrust (log in with your GULC NetID and Password) and Internet Archive for digital replications.
For materials that cannot be obtained for personal or leisure purposes, see "Can Materials for Personal or Leisure Use be Requested?"