Personal or leisure materials (unrelated to your Law Center class, work or research) may be requested except for the following (please use your public library instead):
- Audio recordings of any content (e.g. audio books, music, etc.), in any format (e.g. audio files, CDs, albums, etc.);
- Visual recordings of any content, in any format (e.g. DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS, online video or streaming file, etc.);
- Main campus Gelardin New Media Center carries a large video collection. Request the physical media via Intercampus Loan.
- Use the DC Public Library to watch films online or borrow video discs.
- There are affordable options to rent or purchase most video recordings (as discs or streaming files). Check availability of options through CanIStream.It?.
- If you would like to recommend a title as an acquisition, then please submit a suggestion. But note that streaming files or service will not be acquired.
- Language learning, self-help, instructional or skills development publications in any non-print format (e.g. audio books, DVDs, files, etc.);
- Graphic novels, manga magazines, comics or books classified as children, juvenile or young adult reading and games in any format.
- Use your public library's collection or its interlibrary loan service. Anyone attending or working at Georgetown Law may apply for a DC Public Library card.
- Intensely popular titles where demand far exceeds lending supply, (e.g. novel to a newly released movie).
- Place your name on the book's waiting list at your public library. Anyone attending or working at Georgetown Law may apply for a DC Public Library card.
Personal or leisure requests will: (1) be submitted only to those libraries (located in the U.S. only) that do not charge us ILL fees; (2) be submitted to no more than 15 potential lenders; (3) be canceled if unfilled after resorting to 15 potential lenders; and (4) not be processed as rush orders.