Personal or leisure materials unrelated to your Law Center class, work or research may be requested. However, the following materials listed are not eligible for ILL borrowing.
- Audio recordings of any content (e.g. audio books, music, etc.), in any format (e.g. streaming audio, audio files, CDs, albums, etc.);
- Visual recordings of any content, in any format (e.g. DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS, streaming video, video files, etc.);
- Perform a "WRLC (Georgetown U. + Consortium)" Search to see if a member WRLC library owns a copy that you can borrow directly.
- Use the DC Public Library to watch films online or borrow their videos as their patron, or use your local public library's ILL service.
- Consider affordable options to rent or purchase video recordings. Check format availability through CanIStream.It?.
- You may submit a purchase suggestion, but we cannot purchase streaming files or service providers.
- Language learning, self-help, instructional or skills development publications in any non-print format (e.g. audio books, DVDs, files, etc.);
- Graphic novels, manga magazines, comics or books classified as children, juvenile or young adult reading and games in any format.
- Use your public library's collection or its interlibrary loan service. Anyone attending or working at Georgetown Law may apply for a DC Public Library card.
- Intensely popular titles where demand far exceeds lending supply, (e.g. novel to a newly released movie).
- Use your public library by placing your name on the book's waiting list. Anyone attending or working at Georgetown Law may apply for a DC Public Library card.
Personal or leisure requests: (1) will only be submitted to those libraries (located in the U.S.) that do not charge us ILL fees; (2) will be submitted to no more than 15 potential lenders; (3) will be canceled if unfilled after resorting to 15 potential lenders; and (4) will not be processed as rush orders. We will not borrow leisure materials internationally due to the added costs of obtaining from and returning loans to another country.