As long as the required reading textbook is not already housed in the Reading Room, Circulation Desk Reserves, Course Reserves, or Casebook Reserves, then it may be requested as a loan for the entire work. We will not process requests to obtain copies of multiple chapters from course textbooks.
Please be aware of the following:
- Other libraries may consider the titles as non-circulating materials so it may take time to find loanable copies.
- There may not be enough copies owned by other libraries for every student in a class to borrow textbooks via ILL.
- Books may not arrive prior to your reading assignments. There is no rush ILL service to borrow course textbooks.
- ILL materials can be recalled at any time and there is a very short grace period to return the books.
- Most ILL loan periods will not extend for the entire semester.