International Investment Law Databases
The subscription databases described below focus exclusively on international investment law and investor-state arbitration.
- Investment Arbitration Reporter (IAR).
IAR publishes articles and commentary about pending and recently concluded investor-state arbitrations. Search by keyword or browse by country, topic, industry or treaty. IAR also has profiles of leading arbitrators.
- Investment Claims.
This database includes more than 900 arbitral decisions and awards, more than 1,200 bilateral investment treaties, and overviews of investment treaty practices in 19 jurisdictions. It also has selected journal articles and book chapters on investment law published by Oxford University Press.
Investor-State Law Guide (ISLG)
ISLG's Dispute Documents database includes arbitral decisions and awards, party pleadings, amicus briefs, and procedural orders. ISLG also offers the following analytical tools:
- Subject Navigator. Use this tool to search or browse for arbitral decisions by topic.
- Article Citator. Use this tool to determine how arbitral tribunals have interpreted specific provisions from hundreds of bilateral investment treaties, free trade agreements, and arbitration rules.
- Jurisprudence Citator. Use this tool to determine whether an arbitral decision has been cited and/or followed by tribunals in subsequent investor-state disputes.
- Video Tutorials. To access a series of short videos that explain how to use the analytical tools described above, click on the "Learning Centre" link in the upper right-hand corner of the ISLG homepage.
Other Databases with International Investment Law Content
These databases cover both international investment law and international commercial arbitration between private parties.
- ICC Dispute Resolution Library.*
Access extracts from arbitral awards, as well as procedural orders, issued in disputes administered by the International Court of Arbitration of the Paris-based International Chamber of Commerce. The database also includes collections of articles (dossiers) published by the ICC's Institute of World Business Law and other ICC publications. Search by keyword or browse chronologically by publication type.
- Kluwer Arbitration.
Kluwer Arbitration's searchable database includes the full texts of bilateral investment treaties, as well as arbitral decisions and awards issued in investor-state disputes. It also provides access to secondary sources, including e-books and articles published in 12 specialized journals. The Kluwer Arbitration Blog publishes informed commentary by leading practitioners.
- Transnational Dispute Management (TDM).
TDM publishes an online journal featuring peer-reviewed articles about investor-state disputes and other transnational commercial disputes. TDM also offers a database of primary legal materials, which includes bilateral investment treaties, arbitral decisions and awards, and national legislation governing foreign investment. In addition, TDM hosts OGEMID, a moderated discussion forum that focuses primarily on investment disputes in the oil, gas, and energy sectors.
* When you click on the link, you will be prompted to log in with your GULC Net ID in order to access the shared user name and password for the ICC Dispute Resolution Library (ICC DLR). You must enter the shared user name and password on the homepage of the ICC DLR in order to access its content.