Consult the resources described below for the latest news and developments in international and foreign cyberspace law.
- Bloomberg Law - Privacy and Data Security Law News
This electronic news source, updated every weekday, monitors the latest developments in privacy and data security law worldwide. The most recently posted News Stories are displayed in the main panel, with links to the most recent Practitioner Insights in the right-hand panel. To filter content by date, by topic, and by other factors, click on the link labeled "View and Filter All Stories" in the upper right-hand portion of the screen. When searching news content by keyword, use the "Select Sources" menu to the right of the search button at the top of the page to limit searches by topic, by jurisdiction, and by other criteria.
- VitalLaw - Cybersecurity & Privacy Practice Area
Use the links under the heading "New Headlines" near the top of the homepage of VitalLaw's Cybersecurity & Privacy Practice Area to access the following resources:
- Cybersecurity Policy Report
Monitors pending changes to legislation and regulations governing privacy and data security in the U.S. and other jurisdictions. Updated every weekday.
- Global Cybersecurity Developments
Publishes practitioner-written updates on the latest developments in privacy and data protection law in jurisdictions throughout the world. Use the menu on the left to browse by jurisdiction.
- U.S. Department of Justice -- Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS) Press Releases
Press releases issued by the CCIPS are good sources for tracking cyber crime indictments and convictions.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)
In addition to news summaries, EPIC's website provides access to the following current information tools:
- EPIC Alert -- Each issue of this bi-monthly newsletter includes brief updates on the latest developments in online privacy, more detailed articles on matters related to privacy, book reviews, and a list of upcoming conferences and events about privacy.
- EPIC Commentaries -- This page aggregates articles and commentary published by scholars affiliated with EPIC.
- Privacy International
This NGO's website includes the following current awareness tools:
- Recent News -- Topical commentary on privacy matters in the news. Posts are tagged as "New & Analysis" (shorter posts) or "Long Reads," which offer more in-depth analysis.
- Learn -- Visit this gateway page of the Privacy International website to access content by topic in a variety of formats ("explainers," short videos, interactive web pages, etc.). There is no menu at the top of the page. So you will need to keep scrolling down to view the different types of content. Categories include Featured Learning Topics, Impact Stories, Multimedia, and Resources.
- Bits Blog -- Hosted by The New York Times, this blog offers insights on Silicon Valley and the technology industry.
- CDT Blog -- The Center for Democracy & Technology's blog covers topics from Internet governance to privacy. CDT also offers a free online newsletter distributed via email.
- Deeplinks -- Hosted by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, this blog focuses on online privacy and surveillance.
- Just Security -- This blog covers all aspects of national security law, including cyber warfare, cyber terrorism, surveillance, and related topics. To browse for posts by topic, use the "Key Topics" menu at the top of the homepage. To search by keyword, click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Wired -- The website of the eponymous technology magazine hosts multiple tech-themed blogs, including one dedicated to Business issues and one dedicated to Security issues. To access content published in the print version of Wired magazine, members of the Georgetown community may click on the links in this library catalog record.
- ZDNet -- This business technology news website publishes more than 50 topical blogs. Browse by topic or by blog name or search by keyword. You must register and create an account to receive newsletter updates via email.