Key to Icons
- Georgetown restricted access
- On Westlaw
- On Lexis
- On Bloomberg
- PDF Document
- More Info Available (hover)
Resources on Torture
- Treatment Centers
This information is provided in case your client needs a referral or an expert is sought. The National Consortium of Torture Treatment Programs provides a list of centers.
- Physicians for Human Rights provides information on interviewing (see module 3) torture victims and physical evidence (see module 5) of torture.
- International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT)
The IRCT "is an independent, international health professional organization that promotes and supports the rehabilitation of torture victims and works for the prevention of torture worldwide." Useful to researchers is the , a collection of over 40,000 items covering all aspects of torture, torture prevention, and rehabilitation of torture victims.
- Association for the Prevention of Torture has compiled torture laws from around the world.
- State Reports for the Convention Against Torture (CAT)
Parties to this convention are obligated to submit periodic reports providing information on their implementation of the treaty. NGOs can also submit reports and these can be very useful. Use "Find in Page" to locate your country and then click into the session to access the reports.