Here are a few things to remember before jumping in as you locate legal and factual information in various countries.
- Time period. Databases and websites only cover specific years. Check coverage dates.
- Download & Print. Links go bad and things disappear. No guarantee the material or website will be there tomorrow.
- Quality. Consider objectivity, expediency, timeliness, accuracy, authenticity, and scope when viewing web info.
- Legal & Non-law. Consult both! You will search newspapers, journal articles, directories, yearbooks, etc. Verify spelling (alternate spelling), names, and determine exact names of organizations and political parties.
- Golden Nugget. Prepare to trudge through many resources seeking the perfect source.
- Print Still Lives. Not everything is electronic.
- Phone. You may actually have to call someone!