|What's the turnaround time for ILLs?
- Copies can arrive in a few hours to 3 working days.
- Since copies tend to arrive faster than loans, we recommend that copies from books, reporters, dictionaries, etc. be submitted whenever possible.
- Books can take 3 to 7 working days to arrive.
- Need a book in less than 3 days?
- Check for the book title through "WRLC (Georgetown U. + Consortium)" option in Advanced Search.
- If a circulating copy is available, then visit the owning consortium library to check the book out on-site. If Qatar Library is the only owning institution, then you must use ILL.
- Note: Consortium law libraries do not lend through the loan service, nor do they permit on-site check-outs. However, you may visit a consortium law library to obtain scans from a print material.
|Who gets notified about requested ILLs?
- If the request was submitted under your own ILLiad account, you will receive all questions about citation clarification and automated notices such as arrival, reminder and overdue messages.
- If the request was submitted under the faculty's RA ILLiad account, the faculty will receive all automated notifications.
- If you include your name into the request form, any citation questions the ILL Office may can be addressed to you instead.
|Where and how do I get the ILLs?
- If requested under your own ILLiad account:
- Books are held under your name at the Circulation Desk.
- Copies are delivered electronically into your ILLiad account.
- If requested under the faculty's RA ILLiad account:
|How long are the loan periods?
- Loan period varies for each borrowed item, anywhere from 3 to 12 weeks, depending on the lending library.
- The due date is set by the lender, not the Law Library. GULC faculty are not accorded lengthy loan periods by other libraries.
|Can ILL books be renewed?
- Renewals, if allowed by the lender, can be submitted through the ILLiad account used to request the item. You or the faculty should look for emailed reminder notices.
- Renewal policies and periods depend on the lending library. Not every ILL item can be renewed, especially an overdue loan. Only one renewal is permitted.
- Renewal periods are usually short. Maximize the use of the borrowed item.
- Submit a new request to borrow a second copy whenever necessary.
|Can I transfer my request or loan to my faculty's ILL proxy account or vice versa?
- No, ILL requests cannot be transferred between different ILLiad accounts. The ILLiad system precludes transaction transfers in order to keep ILL offices compliant with the copyright laws that govern interlibrary loan.
- If you and the faculty both need to use the same title, submit one ILL request under your ILLiad account and another under the faculty's proxy account. Do this even if you and the faculty need the book at different times.
|Where can I or a faculty return ILL books?
- RAs may return books to the Circulation Desk when it is open. When the desk is closed, books may be returned into one of the two Library Book Drop boxes located in the library's atrium and foyer.
- Faculty may return books through their faculty support staff, McDonough 5th Floor Library Book Drop box, or campus mail (though not recommended).