In response to COVID-19, most of the Law Library staff are working remotely. Other universities and their libraries have followed a similar safety protocols and have closed their buildings, reduced their on-site ILL staffing, or closed off access to their library's physical collections.
This means that
- No physical items can be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan. (Requests for entire books will be converted to e-book license acquisition if possible.)
- We cannot recommend that you visit a local library to make scans of materials yourself.
- It's more difficult to find libraries that may carry a needed title and happen to have the ILL capacity to make scans for us.
- Scans of citations that only exist in microfilm format (such as older newspapers) would be difficult, or maybe impossible, to obtain.
- Lengthy scanning requests (exceeding more than 10% of content, or 40 pages, whichever is least), which were not accepted under normal circumstances, will still not be considered by potential suppliers (these requests will be converted to e-license acquisitions if available).
- Other ILL offices, even if staffed, do not have the capacity to perform research on our behalf and cannot accommodate requests to peruse an entire work, or microfilm, in order to locate an obscure citation
Your patience and understanding are appreciated.