District of Columbia Register (DCR)
The District of Columbia Register is the official publication of the D.C. government for acts, resolutions, and various information about the actions of the Council of the District of Columbia (such as resolutions and notices of council hearings), and actions of the Executive Branch and Independent Agencies (such as proposed rulemaking and emergency rulemaking). It contains information about bills, but not the full text of the bills themselves. It comes out every week during Council Period (mid-September to mid-July). It has an annual index.
- Council of the District of Columbia Legislative Information Management System (LIMS): A searchable database of full-text bills, proposed and adopted resolutions, acts, contracts, grant budget modifications, Inspector General and Auditor reports, and Housing Finance Agency documents. It also gives status information of all legislation considered by the Council. Laws can be searched by keyword, number, or Council Member. You may use the Basic Search to find legislation by keyword text or by number. You may use the Advanced Search for information about legislation referred to a committee, or introduced or co-sponsored by a Member.
- Subject Index to Bills (State 1st Floor KFD1210 .S9, 1982 - 2005, now canceled): Provides subject access to bills and bill title, bill number, D.C. Act number, D.C. Law number, and DCR citation.
- Council Calendar: Daily schedule, legislative agenda, hearing notices, oversight and budget schedule, and council and committee meetings.
- Legislative Meeting Agenda (LIMS): Provides agendas of meetings (14th Council Period, 2001 to present) select "Agenda" from the search options.
- Legislative Services Division: With bill information, you can call the Legislative Services Division at 202-724-8050 for the text of the bill.