Key to Icons
- Georgetown only
- On Westlaw
- On Lexis
- On Bloomberg
- More Info (hover)
- Preeminent Treatise
- Study Aid
Other U.S. Government Web Sites
- Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (CDC)
- EPI-X: The Epidemic Information Exchange (CDC)
"The Center for Disease Control and Prevention's secure, web-based communications network that serves as a powerful communications exchange between CDC, state and local health departments, poison control centers, and other public health professionals. The system provides rapid reporting immediate notification, editorial support, and coordination of health investigations for public health professionals." This Web site provides the public with information about this secure network.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Public Health Emergency Response Guide for State, Local, and Tribal Public Health Directors(CDC)
"[A]n all-hazards reference tool for health professionals who are responsible for initiating the public health response during the first 24 hours (i.e. the acute phase) of an emergency or disaster. It provides useful information on the activation and integration of a jurisdiction's public health system into the existing overall emergency response structure during the acute phase of an incident."
- Strategic National Stockpile (CDC) is a national repository of pharmaceuticals and medical material to supplement and re-supply state and local public health agencies in the event of a national emergency. The Web site provides general information such as what Strategic National Stockpile is, how and when it is deployed. The Web site also includes some training material for state and local health care providers, first responders, and governments.
U.S. Academic Institutes
U.S. Organizations & Associations
Useful Web Sites from Other Countries