The subscription databases described below focus primarily on international commercial arbitration, but also include at least some coverage of investor-state dispute resolution.
- Global Arbitration Review (GAR) (shared user name and password)*
Use this specialized news source to monitor the latest developments in investor-state and international commercial arbitration. (Sign up for email alerts using your GULC email address.) GAR also publishes topical practice guides, annual reviews of developments in arbitration by geographic region, and annual surveys. To access this content, click on the "Surveys" tab or the "Insight" tab on the main menu bar at the top of the homepage.
- ICC Dispute Resolution Library (shared user name and password)*
Access extracts from arbitral awards, as well as procedural orders, issued in disputes administered by the International Court of Arbitration of the Paris-based International Chamber of Commerce. The database also includes collections of articles (dossiers) published by the ICC's Institute of World Business Law and other ICC publications. Search by keyword or browse chronologically by publication type.
- Kluwer Arbitration
Access investment treaties, national legislation, arbitral rules, arbitral awards, and court decisions, as well as secondary sources, including e-books and articles from 15 specialized journals. Browse by content type or search by keyword. To apply filters before running a search, click on the white triangle immediately to the left of the search box. Use the practice tools to create "smart charts" comparing legislation across jurisdictions or procedural rules issued by multiple arbitral institutions. The Kluwer Arbitration Blog publishes informed commentary by leading practitioners.
- Transnational Dispute Management (TDM)
TDM publishes an online journal featuring peer-reviewed articles covering all aspects of transnational commercial dispute resolution. TDM also maintains a growing database of primary legal materials ("Legal & Regulatory Docs"), which includes investment treaties, national laws, arbitral awards, and court decisions.
- Westlaw (International Arbitration Materials)
This Westlaw database includes investment treaties, model laws, national legislation from select jurisdictions, procedural rules, arbitral awards, case law from select jurisdictions, secondary sources, and drafting aids.
* Click on the name of the database to open the library catalog record. Then scroll down to the heading "View Online - Full Text Availability" and click on the link. When prompted, enter your GULC Net ID and password. After the page refreshes, you will find a link to the database along with the shared user name and password. Please log out when finished.