|What's the turnaround time for ILLs?
- Copies can arrive in a few hours to 3 working days.
- Since copies tend to arrive faster than loans, submit requests for copies of pages from books, reporters, dictionaries, etc. whenever possible.
- Books can take 3 to 7 working days to arrive.
- Need a book in less than 3 days?
- Check for book title through "WRLC (Georgetown U. + Consortium)" option in Advanced Search.
- If a circulating copy is available, then visit the owning consortium library to check the book out on-site. If Qatar Library is the only owning institution, then you must use ILL.
- Note: Consortium law libraries do not lend through the loan service nor do they permit on-site check-outs. However, you may visit a consortium law library to obtain scans from a print material.
|Who gets notified about requested ILLs?
- If the request was submitted under your own ILLiad account, you will receive all the emailed notices.
- You will be responsible for returning borrowed ILL items.
- Keep ILL books within your possession, not in the journal's shared office shelf.
- If the request was submitted under the journal's ILLiad account, the journal office/editor will receive all the emailed notices.
- The journal office will be responsible for returning borrowed ILL items.
- The ILL books should be kept within the journal office.
|Where and how do I get the ILLs?
- If requested under your own ILLiad account:
- Books are held under your name at the Williams Circulation Desk.
- Copies are delivered electronically into your ILLiad account.
- If requested under the journal's ILLiad account:
- Books are delivered to the journal's mailbox behind the Office of Journal Administration's reception desk (Williams, Suite 170).
- Copies are delivered electronically into the journal's ILLiad account.
|How long are the loan periods?
- Loan period varies for each borrowed item, anywhere from 3 to 12 weeks, depending on lending library.
- The due date is set by the lender, not the Law Library.
|Can ILL books be renewed?
- Renewals, if allowed by the lender, can be submitted through the ILLiad account used to request the item. Look for emailed reminder notices from email@example.com.
- Renewal policy and periods depend on the lending library. Not every ILL item can be renewed, especially an overdue loan, and if allowed, only once.
- Renewal periods are usually short. Maximize the use of the borrowed item.
- Submit a new request to borrow a second copy whenever necessary.
|Can I transfer my request to my journal's ILLiad account or vice versa?
- No, ILL requests cannot be transferred between different ILLiad accounts. The ILLiad system precludes transaction transfers in order to keep ILL offices compliant with the copyright laws that govern interlibrary loan.
- For example, if you already have an ILL book checked out to your name, it cannot be transferred to your journal office ILLiad account. If the journal needs to have a copy of the same book, then an ILL request to borrow a different copy must be made under the journal's ILLiad account.
|Where can I or my journal return ILL books.
- In the bins underneath the bank of mailboxes behind the Office of Journal Administration's reception desk.
- At the Circulation Desk when it is open.
- Library Book Drops, located in the library's atrium and foyer.