* A great list of regional legal aid organizations is available on the website of the Maine Legal Aid Organization, Pine Tree Legal Assistance.
Selected national legal aid organizations:
* National Legal Aid and Defender Organization, NLADA (oldest and largest organization to deliver legal services to low income populations)
* Sargent Shriver Center on Poverty Law (national advocacy organization to fight poverty)
* Voices for Civil Justice (civil legal aid communications and advocacy organization)
* Legal Services Corporation (single largest funder for civil legal aid in the US)
* American Bar Association, Standing Committee on Legal Aid and Indigent Defendants (SCLAID)