Key to Icons
- Georgetown only
- On Westlaw
- On Lexis
- On Bloomberg
- More Info (hover)
- Preeminent Treatise
- Study Aid
Government, IGO, NGO Reports
- U.S. State Depart Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
Great starting point for most immigration judges and INS asylum officers. Electronic Archived versions (1993-1999) are available on the internet archive and the Wolff Library has the print version from 1979 - present.
- Annual Report to Congress on International Religious Freedom
This is another U.S. Department report and is produced by the Office of International Religious Freedom. It monitors religious persecution and discrimination worldwide.
- European Asylum Support Office (EASO)
Use the EASO COI Portal to search for materials from EASO and EU member states (plus Norway and Switzerland) national asylum authorities. Look for more country of origin information under Information & Analysis specifically country reports,and country guidance.
- The Asylum Research Centre (ARC) provides publications on country conditions. Best to search by country (Scroll slightly to see see options).
- Human Rights Watch World Report
Summarizes conditions from around the world (previous years available under publications tab). Other useful reports available on topics such as child domestic workers, labor conditions, forced evictions, etc. Can also search by country name.
- Amnesty International Annual Report
AI produces other country or topic specific reports. The advanced library search function is the most useful to find these.
- Inter-American Commission on Human Rights Publications
This portal provides access to many useful publications such as country reports, annual reports, and topical research reports (such as women, specific prison conditions, indigenous peoples, etc).
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Much of the information on this web site has migrated to Refworld, but there are still some useful sources such as maps or evaluation and research. The advanced search function is a useful tool to search across multiple segments of the web site to access UNHCR documents, news stories, press releases, and other relevant material.
- Freedom in the World (Freedom House)
The annual Freedom in the World offers comparative data and information by country. Previous years are available under the Reports tab.