Key to Icons
- Georgetown restricted access
- On Westlaw
- On Lexis
- On Bloomberg
- PDF Document
- More Info Available (hover)
Government, IGO, NGO Reports
- U.S. State Depart Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
Great starting point for most immigration judges and INS asylum officers. Electronic Archived versions (1993-1999) are available and the Wolff Library has the print version from 1979 - present.
- Annual Report to Congress on International Religious Freedom Try-It
This is another U.S. Department report and is produced by the Office of International Religious Freedom. It monitors religious persecution and discrimination worldwide.
- Human Rights Watch World Report
Summarizes conditions from around the world (previous years available under publications tab). Other useful reports available on topics such as child domestic workers, labor conditions, forced evictions, etc. Can also search by country name.
- Amnesty International Annual Report
AI produces other country or topic specific reports. The advanced library search function is the most useful to find these.
- Inter-American Commission on Human Rights Publications
This portal provides access to many useful publications such as country reports, annual reports, and topical research reports (such as women, specific prison conditions, indigenous peoples, etc).
- Forced Migration Online - Note: website no longer updated.
Comprehensive resource has info on displacement due to war, development, or disaster. Use the "Research Resources" tab for regional resources, thematic resources, and working papers. Try the digital library too. Research guides are also provided for several jurisdictions.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Much of the information on this web site has migrated to Refworld, but there are still some useful sources such as maps or evaluation and research. The advanced search function is a useful tool to search across multiple segments of the web site to access UNHCR documents, news stories, press releases, and other relevant material.
- Freedom in the World (Freedom House)
The annual Freedom in the World offers comparative data and information by country. Previous years are available under the Reports tab.