- State Taxation, Jerome R. Hellerstein and Walter Hellerstein (3d ed. 1998) (KF6750 .H44 1998)
- Print version (KF6750 .H44 1998 - 2008). The print subscription was cancelled in 2008 and is no longer current.
- Two-volume treatise on state and local taxation. Volume I examines laws relating to corporate income and franchise taxation. Volume II discusses sales and use taxes, personal income taxes, and estate taxes.
- Bloomberg Law: State Tax Portfolios
- Print version (KF6750.A6 T272 1994 - )
- A multi-volume compilation of portfolios on corporate income taxes, business entities and transactions, business credits and incentives, compensation and benefits, personal income taxes and other additional topics.
- State Tax Guide (use the Contents menu on the left to navigate), CCH.
- Print version (KF6750.A6 C66 1980 - 2008). The print subscription was cancelled in 2008 and is no longer current.
- This handy reference provides charts for easy determination of the taxes levied in every state. Summarizes state statutes.
- All States Tax Guide, RIA (KF6750.A6 A4 1960 - )
- This service contains summaries of all taxes levied in each state, and includes citations to primary resources.
- State Tax Handbook, CCH (KF6750 .C65 1999 - )
- This quick reference guide provides overviews of the taxation schemes of each state and the District of Columbia.
The following journals specialize in state tax law:
The following journals do not specialize in state tax law, but nonetheless may be useful resources:
News & Current Awareness
- Bloomberg Law News
- Checkpoint (Awareness materials are available under "Table of Contents;" choose "State Tax Library" to browse by resource and then state.) Awareness resources include:
- Legislative Highlights
- State Tax Updates
- Advance State Documents
- Tax Prof Blog