There are many international environmental treatises and this section only highlights some publications that can provide a good introduction. To search for other books or more specific subject, try keyword searching such as < montreal protocol > or < pre-cautionary principles > in the library catalog.
- Documents in International Environmental Law, INTL K3583.D63 2004
This is a representative selection of essential international environmental treaties and documents.
- European Environmental Law INTL KJE6242.J36 2008
Begins with the development of EU environmental law and the legal basis. Includes brief summaries of dozens of EU legislation.
- Guide to International Environmental Law K3585.4.K5695 2007
A brief overview of international law with a focus on how international environmental law was formed as well as an analysis of newer topics such as environmental protection as a human right.
- International Courts and Environmental Protection K3585 .S74 2009
Useful overview of various courts with jurisdiction over international environmental law, including discussion of cases and the ongoing challenges facing the courts.
- International Environmental law in a Nutshell INTL Reserve K3585.6.G87 2007
A good introductory source that covers all the major areas.
- International Law & the Environment INTL K3585.4 B57 2009
Examines treaty regimes, arbitration, and international case law along with chapters specifically on climate change, nuclear energy, ecosystems, conservation, trade, and much more.
- Oxford Handbook of International Environmental Law INTLREF K3585.O94 2007
This non-circulating publication provides 40 chapters grouped by general issues, analytical tools, basic issues, normative development, key concepts, institutions, and implementation & enforcement.