The following sources include laws and pending legislation on Animal Law topics. These sources should be used for information only--legal researchers should use primary sources for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information.
- Animal Legal & Historical Web Center, Michigan State University College of Law. Links to federal and state laws. Gives summary of law and links to full text.
- Digest of Federal Resource Laws, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Includes federal laws, federal regulations, treaties, Executive Orders, Interstate Compacts, and Wetlands MOAs.
- Facts About Federal Wildlife Laws, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Federal Laws, Policies & Regs, Animal Law Section, National Association for Biomedical Research.
- Federal Legislation, Humane Society of the United States. Pending federal legislation on animal law topics with commentary and links to full text.
- Federal Wildlife and Related Laws Summary, Federal Wildlife and Related Laws Handbook. Summaries of laws. (This is no longer being updated.)
- Laws & Policies, National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Full text laws, regulations, policies and commentary on Endangered Species Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, and National Environmental Policy Act.