When researching Virginia law, the print or electronic sources listed below can be of help to you:
- Michie's Jurisprudence of Virginia and West Virginia: A Complete Treatise of Virginia and West Virginia Law
Michie's is a legal encyclopedia which addresses Virginia legal topics in an introductory fashion. There is a summary of the law, citations to cases, statutes and secondary sources. Michie's is updated annually.
- Print: KFV2465.M4
- Lexis Advance: Browse Sources > By Jurisdiction > Virginia > Secondary Materials > Michie's Jurisprudence of Virginia and West Virginia
- Virginia Forms, KFV2468 .G68. Updated by pocket parts. Includes forms covering civil litigation, criminal procedure, and real estate transactions. Includes index volume.
- Virginia Practice Series
- Print: titles include Business Entities, Civil Discovery, Criminal Procedure, Family Law andTrial Handbook for Virginia Lawyers. To view the GULLiver record for this series, click here.
- Westlaw: VAPRAC -covers the following individual publications: Jury Instructions,Criminal Procedure, Criminal Procedure Forms, the state Trial Handbook, Probate Handbook with Forms, Criminal Offenses and Defenses, Real Estate Transactions, Family Law, Business Entities, Products Liability, Civil Discovery and the Landlord-Tenant Handbook.
- Lexis: Legal > States Legal - U.S. > Virginia > Search Analysis & CLE Materials > All VA Treatises & Analytical Materials, which includes approximately 20 different Virginia treatise titles.
Please note that in addition to the sources listed above, the library's collection includes many different volumes on Virginia law. Anyone seeking information should search under KFV2401 B78 1979. You may also view the collection electronically in the GULLiver catalog. Using the library catalog, do a call number search. Enter the call number KFV. The Virginia resources are listed after the Vermont materials.