Key to Icons
- Georgetown restricted access
- On Westlaw
- On Lexis
- On Bloomberg
- PDF Document
- More Info Available (hover)
Other Useful Resources
- District of Columbia Code Encyclopedia ( KFD1230.3 1966 .A4) (discontinued in 1980)
Legal encyclopedia useful for researching historical statutory and case law of the District of Columbia.
- City's Official Website
- Council of the District of Columbia
- Greater Washington Research Program (Brookings)
The Program seeks to "improve public policy in the region by identifying policy issues, presenting data and analysis of policy options, and convening leaders for focused dialogue." Many reports by the Program are available in full text.
- D.C. Historic Preservation Law Project
Georgetown Law Library project providing full-text access to the D.C. Mayor's Agent for Historic Preservation Decisions and a guide to D.C. historic preservation law.
- The Washington Post
- The Washington Times
- The Washington City Paper
- Washington, D.C. History Network
A refereed, multi- and inter-disciplinary digital network, provides a means of communication and interaction for those who research, write, read, teach, collect, curate, and preserve Washington, DC history and culture and for those who work in cultural institutions located within DC, regardless of discipline.
- Legal Research in the District of Columbia , Maryland and Virginia (2nd ed. 2000) KF 240 .C43 2000
- "Finding the Law in the District of Columbia," The District of Columbia Practice Manual 1-1 KFD1280 .D57
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Ethics Opinions
- D.C. Rules of Professional Conduct (KFD1276.5.A2 A3 2007) (Opinion 210 - )
- Code of Professional Responsibility and Opinions of the D.C. Bar Legal Ethics Committee (KFD1276.5.A2 A3 1991) (Opinion 1 to Opinion 215)
- Findlaw: District of Columbia
- Legal Information Institute: District of Columbia Legal Materials
- Library of Congress Guide to Law Online: District of Columbia
- Tax Forms and Publications (from the D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue)
- Court and Judicial Statistics
- Legal Blogs