Since war crimes is topically interdisciplinary try our online catalog as another option for searching for what materials are available both electronically and in print.
- Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide: Fifty Years Later,15 **ARIZ. J. INT'L & COMP. L.** 416 (1998) available in print and online.
Though a little dated, this provides an excellent starting point for a review of the history and legal scholarship that has been generated on this topic.
- The Genocidal Temptation: Auschwitz, Hiroshima, Rwanda, and Beyond INTL HV6322.7.G44 2004
Examines genocide throughout the world in a comparative approach through a series of interdisciplinary essays, ranging from science to history to philosophy.
- The Genocide Convention: the Travaux Préparatoires INTL K5302 .A92 2008
Gathered together are the records of the meetings which led to the initial adoption of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
- Genocide in International Law: the Crime of Crimes INTL K5302 .S32 2009
This book presents an overall history of the legal interpretations of the Convention on Genocide. There is also a detailed focus on practical problems of criminal prosecution.
- Genocide in Our Time : An Annotated Bibliography with Analytical Introductions INTL K5302.D63 1992
Relevant books on the topic of genocide are listed along with reviews of the changing concept of "genocide" in terms the criteria,who is held responsible, and why.
- The UN Genocide Convention: a Commentary INTL K5302 .U55 2009
Organized thematically, for each article of the U.N. Genocide Convention, is a series of essays with a review and analysis the travaux préparatoires and subsequent developments in international law.
- War and Genocide: Organized Killing in Modern Society INTL K5302.S523 2003
This book examines genocide as part of war throughout history starting with the Nazi Holocaust to Rwanda. This book includes readings and web sites for further research.
CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY
- Crimes Against Humanity: A Normative Account INTL K5301.M39 2005
An examination of the legal and philosophical fundamentals of international criminal law such as state sovereignty and the moral, political implications when crimes against humanity are committed.
- The Criminal Responsibility of Individuals for Violations of International Humanitarian Law INTL K5064.S59 2003
A review of how international criminal has dealt with the issue of both holding an individual accountable for his or her actions, as well as the state and/or larger organizations.
- Supranational Criminal Prosecution of Sexual Violence: The ICC and the Practice of the ICTY and the ICTR INTL KZ1168.5 .B76 2005
A history of sexual violence as part of war crimes throughout time and with a focus on ICTY and ICTR. Plus a review of how supranational criminal law system (sentencing and reparation) address this issue in both practical and legal terms.