Several law schools sponsor research initiatives which focus on the legal profession including:
- Center for the Study of the Legal Profession - This Georgetown Law School center is "devoted to promoting interdisciplinary scholarship on the profession informed by an awareness of the dynamics of modern practice.."
- Center for Diversity in the Legal Profession - The research at this CUNY School of Law institute focuses on participation of people of color in the legal profession.
- Center on the Global Legal Profession - At the Indiana University Maurer School of Law, this center focuses on applied research and looks to "incorporate cutting-edge research to teach today‰s students how to be the great lawyers of tomorrow."
- Program on the Legal Profession - The mission of this Harvard Law program" is to increase understanding of the structures and norms of the legal profession in the United States and around the world, through research, scholarship and teaching."
- Stanford Center on the Legal Profession - The research at this center focuses on professional responsibility and the structure of legal practice.