The strategies discussed below can also be used to find regulations, decisions and other legal acts.
- Print with OJ citation:
- Look in appropriate OJ issue for the given year.
- Print with directive number only, check:
- Print without any citation, but with topic, check:
- Directory of Community Legislation in Force INTL REF KJE915 .D47.
- "Topical Index" in European Union Law Reporter INTL KJE6791 .C5 1962.
- Encyclopedia of European Union Law INTL KJE926 .E52 1996 (Part C "Secondary Legislation" 11 volumes arranged by topics. Under topics, secondary legislation arranged and reprinted chronologically).
- Lexis or Westlaw
Remember with both of these platforms, you need to use the old versions. WestlawNext and Lexis Advance to not have foreign and international materials available.
|Lexis or Westlaw
|If your cite is 1993 OJ L95/29:
||1993 OJ L 95 (Lexis)
OJ 1993 L95/29 (Westlaw)
|If your directive is 93/13 (EC):
||directive w/5 93/13 (Lexis & Westlaw)
|If you have only a topic:
||use keyword search
- Bulletin of the European Union INTL KJE903 .B84 is another good source for information about directives published before the year 2006. We stopped receiving the Bulletin in print in 2005.
- RAPID webpage for activities of the EU as presented by the various institutions in their press releases. Searchable by daily news, recent press releases, and policy areas quick search.
- EU Newsroom
- Summaries of EU Legislation offers about 3000 summaries of various peices of EU legislation. These summaries are divided into 32 categories that reppresent the activities of the EU.
Proposals for directives are either identified by topic, or if amending an existing directive, by that directive number.
- Online. Try keyword search by topic, or if a directive is being amended, by the directive's number.
- Legislative Procedures - Follows legislation through the various stages of the process, as it bounces from one institution to another. This should follow all Commission proposals, along with their transmissions to the Council of the EU or the European Parliament.
- EU Newsroom